Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable pop up for tel: uri

Richard Simmons
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I'm trying to disable the popup for when clicking on the link tel:uri in Jabber for Windows.

I have updated the jabber-config.xml file and uploaded to all TFTP servers and restarted the service and all servers, logged out of Jabber and back in and tried resetting Jabber too but still getting this pop up.

The options i have tried setting to stop this are;

<EnableTelProtocolPopupWindow>false</EnableTelProtocolPopupWindow>
<CiscoTelProtocolPermissionEnabled>false</CiscoTelProtocolPermissionEnabled><ClickToCallProtocolPermissionEnabled>false</ClickToCallProtocolPermissionEnabled>

CUCM / IMP v11.5

Jabber for Windows 11.1.2

Thanks,

Richard 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to get this to work without the popup by changing "tel:uri" to "ciscotel:uri" and the <EnableTelProtocolPopupWindow>false</EnableTelProtocolPopupWindow> parameter. It uses Jabber to place the call without the popup now.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Christian Holst
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find the solution ?

I need the same functionality.

I'm troubleshooting in lab at the moment.

/Christian

I was able to get this to work without the popup by changing "tel:uri" to "ciscotel:uri" and the <EnableTelProtocolPopupWindow>false</EnableTelProtocolPopupWindow> parameter. It uses Jabber to place the call without the popup now.

Will try that tomorrow, thanks.

Hi All,

Prisca found the same work around as me, sorry i should have posted something sooner - bit annoying that i can't get the 'tel:uri' to work without a pop up.

Regards,

Richard

a little testing later!!

On my Jabber 11.5 ciscotel: works without setting any parameters in jabber-config. 

Stopped testing with tel: