cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery Backup Issues in Call Manager v10.5.2.15900-8

James Carlson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I've been having issues for a while with my Call Manager Backups. We kept receiving the following error: 

"116-SFTP transfer failed during Backup. Either there is not enough disk space or network transfer failed due to interruption while transferring data to configured SFTP Server
Result String : ERROR"

I was told by TAC that it was because freeFTPd could not handle file sizes over 1GB. So I purchased the Cisco recommended software - Titan FTP Enterprise Edition. 

I installed and configured that software but we are still unable to successfully run a backup and receive the same exact error message. 

I contacted Titan support and they said that they see that often and that it is a Cisco issue. 

I opened a case with Cisco TAC and I've gotten nowhere with it. 

Has anyone else had this issue when working with Titan FTP Enterprise and Call Manager? 

5 Replies 5

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Just check if your PUB has got enough space to save the temp files. Maybe its a issue with the PUB not the SFTP.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi Rath! Been through that with TAC. It has plenty of free space (36% of the drive). I thought that might be an issue too at the onset. 

Try to run a smaller manual back up and select only PLM under Select Feature option.  Does your SFTP user has enough rights to write back up to the folder on SFTP server ?

Hello piyush. That's interesting. Let me try that. I setup two jobs in Disaster Recovery to run hours apart - one just for PLM and one for UCM and CDR. They'll run tonight and I'll report back. Thanks! 

Alexey Y
Level 1
Level 1

Hi James,

I'm using freeFTPd and I don't have any issues with files larger than 4GB, but still, this software is not recommended by Cisco,

1. Can you confirm that the sftp software's SFTP service is up and running?

In freeFTPd you should see a green "V" sign on the "Status" tab.

2. Confirm that you can connect to the sftp server with your user. In CUCM go to DRF->Backup->Backup Device -> Choose the device and click on "Save"

If all credentials are correct then you should get a "Success" message.

3. As piyush said try to run a smaller backup and make sure that the user that is logged in to the SFTP server has admin right on that particular backup folder. Make sure that the backup folder is located on the correct drive on the SFTP server that has enough free space for the backup. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: