cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Double ringback on Jabber for Windows when dialing unassigned number via SIP trunk with CUBE to ITSP

j.kougoulos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

anyone else noticed getting double ringback tone (voice message from ITSP & local ringback tone simultaneously) when dialing an unassigned number in PSTN using Jabber for Windows over SIP trunk with CUBE? Tried with 12.6 & 11.8.5, CUCM is 11.5(1)SU5, CUBE 16.9.3 but it looks like the issue is on Jabber side.

If so, is there any chance that you have a BugID for this issue to track it?

The issue does not appear when using MRA

Kind regards,

John

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have seen this sort of behavior in UDP SIP early offers (ie no TCP handshake to validate bidirectional reachability) when the INVITE packet makes it to the destination but something prevents responses, successful or otherwise, from making it back to CUBE. In that scenario CUBE sends the INVITE out the next dial-peer match (assuming huntstop wasn’t added).

Pull a debug ccsip messages from CUBE and see whether it sends more than one INVITE for the call.

Hi,

The signalling is TCP based, there is a second INVITE to ITSP, but for authentication purposes.

double_ringback_edit.PNG

Just a note,  the SDP(inactive) at 10:42:47.369 refers to the inactive video & application leg, not the audio. The second 183 with SDP from the ITSP seems to update the media endpoint on ITSP end, probably to play the audio message, but the endpoint sent to CUCM stays the same (the internal IP of the CUBE & same port)

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

This rings a bell...an old 9.x issue.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul53699/?rfs=iqvred

Double Ring Back tone on client
CSCul53699

Description
Symptom:
The caller hearing dual ringback on SNR call when calling Jabber endpoint receives a 180 with no SDP BEFORE any subsequent progress message with or without SDP. Local ringback is heard plus the PSTN generated ringback.

Conditions:
Phone should play its local ringback tone when the ignore-early-media=true is present in the Call-Info header when the SNR call is made.

Workaround:
None

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

Hi,

I have seen this bug, but in my case

Jabber receives 183 with SDP -> 180 without SDP -> 404

I don't see "ignore-early-media=true" in Call-Info

404 comes after the ITSP generated tone (voice message) and the CUCM generated message (from annunciator)

I noticed though that in another non-existing destination, where I hear only the message from the ITSP followed by the annunciator message (but no local ringback), there is no 180 message between 183 & 404. Perhaps this is the issue that confuses Jabber. In this case the ITSP sends only one 183 message:

no_double_ringback.PNG

Thanks!

John

Hi Guys, Did you find a solution for this? I have something very very similar using the latest 12.X codes in UCM/IMP and expressways.

Thanks

Paul

Hello Paul,

not really, we had bigger problems to solve and did not invest any further time on it (I can't even remember which destination was triggering the issue to test again).

Kind regards,

John