cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Email alert to community members

ashwin.waknis
Level 1
Level 1

Wanted to find out if there is a way to alert all community members about a post to the community. I know we can do that to individuals but for our implementation, the checkbox gets greyed out when we share only with community. Check admin docs that I have but could not find anything on this. Any help will be really appreciated. Thanks!

Message was edited on April 28, 2013: Kelli Glass, Cisco Collaboration Community Moderator, modified this post as part of the community restructure.  I moved the post, assigned a new category, and added tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

1 Reply 1

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I know Cisco community moderators have the Announcement capability, but that doesn't cause emails. Check with them if you had a relevant, qualified announcement.

Otherwise the model as I understand it is you subscribe to what you want to have emailed to you in each community. If someone posts in one of my subscription areas, I get the email. You can also subscribe to threads and even people.

I am not a fan of forced emails to my member profile, as that could result in spam.

Steve DiStefano

• Sent from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and typographical errors. **

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: