Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Conference Now on upgraded CUCM 10.5 to 12.5

celestinobuque
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I have upgraded the CUCM 10.5 to 12.5, now I have to enable Conference Now on all users synchronized via LDAP(AD), feel the Self-Service User ID with their extension because it is blank and give them permission to use Self Care Portal.

It's about 1.161 users, is there a way to enable conference now, feel the Self-Service User ID for all users and also give them permission to use Self Care Portal without have to do it one by one? 

Regards

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I think @Nithin Eluvathingal idea would work, but I think it can be done more easily.

Use BAT Import/Export to export all of your users.

Extract the enduser.csv from the TAR file.

You will need to edit the following columns:

• Enable End User to Host Conference Now (Column AO)
  • Meeting Number (Column AP)
  • Attendees Access Code (Column AQ) - If you want to set one
  • Self-Service User ID (Column AS)

Populate the Enable Conference Now with a "t"

Populate the Attendees Access Code if you want to set an initial one

Populate the Self-Service User ID and Meeting Number with the same number

• Suggestion: If you have "Primary Extension 1" or "Telephone Number" populated, copy the data from that column

Re-insert the enduser.csv into the TAR file

Upload the TAR file into BAT using Import/Export

Import the users with "Override Existing" checked.

This will work for both local and LDAP users.

That will get you most of the way. You can add everyone to the Standard CCM End Users access control group by going to the group (User Management > User Settings > Access Control Group) and adding all the end users to the group.

Maren

View solution in original post

AH! I had made a Custom File with just the six columns, but always assumed that Update Users/Custom File required a template. Your method worked fine. Thanks for teaching me something @b.winter !

@celestinobuque:

So the method I described above using Import/Export will work. But this method will also work:

1) Export your existing users

2) Delete all of the columns except:

LAST NAMEUSER IDENABLE END USER TO HOST CONFERENCE NOWMEETING NUMBERATTENDEES ACCESS CODESELF-SERVICE USER ID

4) Set the "Enable" column to "t" and set the meeting number, access code and self-service ID to what you want

5) Save that CSV

6) Upload into BAT > Upload/Download Files, choosing Users > Update Users - Custom File

Untitled.jpg

7) Navigate to BAT > Users > Update Users > Custom File

Select your file and Run Immediately

Easy peasy

Maren

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

If I am not wrong , enabling self provision option on the user profile will add self service ID when syncing  from ldap.

make all users local users delete and resync with  ldap enabling the self provisioning. 

Response Signature

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal 

Thank you for your reply, is there a way to make all the users local with a single click?

As doing one by one would be almost the same as  enabling the conference now feature for each user

Regards

You would need to use bulk update for this. For this you'd first need to export all users via Bulk Administration > Export. Then open the TAR file to extract the CSV and modify it to your needs. After this add it to a new TAR file and upload to the CM. After this you can run a bulk update that uses the uploaded TAR file by Bulk Administration > Import.

Apart from this you don't need to set the Self-Service User ID with the extension, this will be auto populated based on the Primary Line setting on the users.

Response Signature

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal 

I have delete my user and resync it.

Now I have Standard CMM End Users, Standard CTI Enabled and Conference Now Information is enabled all automatically, but I still dont have the Self-Service User ID field with the extension number which is the Meeting Number required for the conference, it comes blank.

Any idea on how to overcome it?

Regards

As @Roger Kallberg said, the Self-Service User ID field is filled automatically, when you select a primary extension in the end user page.

But when you are using E164 numbers as DN's, then there will be something like 49123123123 (e.g. for german numbers), which is not convenient when working with features like conference now.

If you only have e.g. 4-digit numbers as DN's, then it would be OK.

I would suggest bulking the Self-Service User ID.

Should be a quick doing with Excel. Just just need the user ID's and the DN's

But if syncing with Ldap, i think it wont get updated automatically.

Response Signature

Create a user profile

User management >>>User Settgins >>> User profile

Capture.PNG

User management >>>User/Phone add>>>Feature Group Templates

Apply The above user profile on Feature group. TO enable Conference now tick the Check Box.

Capture3.PNG

Apply the above profile on the LDAP Directory.

Capture1.PNG

Response Signature

Hi @Nithin Eluvathingal 

I was missing the thick but even so, when I sync the user comes with no number on self service and meeting number.

This gets updated when syncing with LDAP  for the first time. If you resync no change gone happen. Self Service Id is mandatory for self provisioning. And i did this with many customers.

Create a new users in AD and perform as full sync in CUCM. User should get the self service ID.

Response Signature

I think @Nithin Eluvathingal idea would work, but I think it can be done more easily.

Use BAT Import/Export to export all of your users.

Extract the enduser.csv from the TAR file.

You will need to edit the following columns:

• Enable End User to Host Conference Now (Column AO)
  • Meeting Number (Column AP)
  • Attendees Access Code (Column AQ) - If you want to set one
  • Self-Service User ID (Column AS)

Populate the Enable Conference Now with a "t"

Populate the Attendees Access Code if you want to set an initial one

Populate the Self-Service User ID and Meeting Number with the same number

• Suggestion: If you have "Primary Extension 1" or "Telephone Number" populated, copy the data from that column

Re-insert the enduser.csv into the TAR file

Upload the TAR file into BAT using Import/Export

Import the users with "Override Existing" checked.

This will work for both local and LDAP users.

That will get you most of the way. You can add everyone to the Standard CCM End Users access control group by going to the group (User Management > User Settings > Access Control Group) and adding all the end users to the group.

Maren

Hi @Maren Mahoney 

I have downloaded the file, I will try and give the feedback.

Hi @Maren Mahoney 

Hi everyone

I have used Bulk to try to populate the information required with one user for test, but i get the following error:

========================================================================

Warning 

LDAP Sync status is enabled.Some fields cannot be updated.

USERID X Could not insert new row - duplicate value in a UNIQUE INDEX column (Unique Index:).

Result Summary :

INSERT for 0 USERS passed.

INSERT for 1 USERS failed.

======================================================================================

I am using CUCM 12.5, I can not find the option to Override Existing Users, and also it is telling me about LDAP status, do I have to disable it?

Anyone to help?

It looks like you are trying to add a user, with your import file, that is already in CUCM, so it won't work.

Just use the CSV with the columns needed (user-id, self-service-id, ...), upload it and then activate it under "Bulk Administration" --> "Users" --> "Update Users" --> "Custom File". There you select your file and click on "run" (You don't need to select a "User Template Name")

It only updates existing users, based on the user-id column of your CSV.

AH! I had made a Custom File with just the six columns, but always assumed that Update Users/Custom File required a template. Your method worked fine. Thanks for teaching me something @b.winter !

@celestinobuque:

So the method I described above using Import/Export will work. But this method will also work:

1) Export your existing users

2) Delete all of the columns except:

LAST NAMEUSER IDENABLE END USER TO HOST CONFERENCE NOWMEETING NUMBERATTENDEES ACCESS CODESELF-SERVICE USER ID

4) Set the "Enable" column to "t" and set the meeting number, access code and self-service ID to what you want

5) Save that CSV

6) Upload into BAT > Upload/Download Files, choosing Users > Update Users - Custom File

Untitled.jpg

7) Navigate to BAT > Users > Update Users > Custom File

Select your file and Run Immediately

Easy peasy

Maren