Helpful
Replies

Enterprise groups in CUCM for Jabber 11.x - no members seen

andri
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

I've followed the guide in

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/featureConfig/CUCM_BK_FE5123E0_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1101/enterprise_groups.html#CUCM_TK_CCB52029_00

I can see the groups in CUCM, but there are no members when I click search.

In AD, I can see all the groups and the members when I click on the member tab.

Not sure what might be causing this, anyone seen this problem before ?

Regards

Andri

7 Replies 7

andri
Level 5
Level 5

Ok, fixed by having the users & groups synked in the same agreement in CUCM.

Next problem, groups don't show up in Jabber in UDS or EDI mode - anyone seen that.

Regards

Andri

In EDI they can be searched and you can just add them that way, in UDS, there is no search feature, you need to know the EXACT name of the group you want to add.

Are you able to search for users?? If that's not even working, groups will also not work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, I can search for users - no problem, but not the groups - at least not in the search window.

The client was using UDS, but no change after I switched to EDI.

Where should the search work ? In the top search or should the search work when I click Add a Directory group ?

Regards

Andri

Ok, it seems to be fixed now for EDI.

The user search doesn't provide any results but when I go to the directory group and enter more than 3 letters it actually searches in EDI mode.

:)

OK, so, you were expecting the groups to show when searching for users?? Because that will never happen with any directory option, they'll only show when adding the directory and searching, AND using EDI. As I mentioned, this also works with UDS, but there is no search feature, you need to know the EXACT name of the group you want to add, type it, and click OK/Add

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes, I was expecting that.

Regards

Andri

Hi Jaime 

Sorry to discussion here regarding another issue. I hope you can resolve it form me.

I configured MFT in my testing Lab. I have IM and Presence 11. And I use Postgre SQL as the external database for MFT. CentOS 7 is the External File Server. IM and Presence shows everything good in the status. But file transfer option is not available in the Chat Room (persistent chat). Using jabber for windows 11.x. 

Waiting for your Response

Thanks 

Abdul Rasheed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: