Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise wide Jabber Deployment

nchandran
Level 5
Level 5

Hello all,

We are in the process of pushing out Jabber for windows v9.7 & Jabber for Mac v9.6 enterprise wide, we are currently running CUCM/CUIM&P 9.1 on our backend. I have a question regarding this and was hoping you could help :

- There is a two step authentication process within Jabber where in you are first asked to input your email address after which you are prompted for your user ID (which in our case is NOT the first half of the email id). Any idea how we can either force it use your windows login?

Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help!!

Thanks

Navin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hy,

i aggree with the custom installer option.

u can also publish a dns srv record for the services domain.

look into the deployment or/and admin guide for the jabber for windows version for mor information

cheers floh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AllanHaigh1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Navin,

I had the same issue but found something called services domain.

There is a switch in the should allow you to specify a services domain, which means it will skip the services discovery step.

I tried using the following switches and it didn't work for me.

CLEAR=1 SERVICES_DOMAIN=xxyz.ca

What did work is following the directions for creating a custom installer and modifying the MSI to use those switches.

I found the directions for modifying the installer here.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_7/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97/JABW_BK_C4C679C9_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-97_chapter_0101.html#JABW_TK_IBE959AA_00

Hy,

i aggree with the custom installer option.

u can also publish a dns srv record for the services domain.

look into the deployment or/and admin guide for the jabber for windows version for mor information

cheers floh