Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway C guest uri status failed

plp_pnlr
Level 1
Level 1

have you experince this problem?

We are trying to create expressway web proxy for CMS. turnserver is active based on expway-E although on Expway-C cms server status is failed. webbridge address is added on expway-E certificate. MRA is working fine as well as cisco meeting app ung internal webbridge address. the only problem is the c2w connection on the external webbridge and the expway-C cms connection. 

11 Replies 11

on Expressway C- CMS should show as active. Does it showing Correct IP ?  Do you have proper DNS entry made on internal DNS.

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 1.20.00 PM.png

Response Signature

I suppose the meeting domain from external DNS should be put here.

it should resolve to your internal IP and not the Expressway public IP.

Response Signature

I try to resolve it with internal webbridge address and now the status is active. but still my c2w connection in CMS for external is still failed.

Hi, in EXP-C you have to add the external WebApp-Address. Not the internal.

Like already mentioned, the EXP-C needs to resolve the external WebApp-Address to the internal IP of the CMS.

So in your example:

Externally the "meet.dnd.ph.org" resolves to the public IP of EXP-E.

Internally the "meet.dnd-ph.org" resolves to e.g. 192.168.100.1 (CMS-IP) --> EXP-C needs to resolve this. The same DNS entry, that your PC would check, when attending a meeting internally.

internally I have an internal webaddress which resolves to CMS for internal participant (example: meet.internal.com) for external participant I have a different webaddress(ex:meet.external.com) which is a record from external dns and resolves to expway-E for webproxy.

If I add the external webaddress to EXP-C there I got a failed status although it can reach the the address.

If I add the external webaddress to EXP-C there I got a failed status although it can reach the the address.

Because in your screenshot, it resolves to the external IP.

That's why we already said: EXP-C needs to resolve the external webadress to the internal IP of the CMS. Period!!

Anything else won't work.

If you don't want do that and you don't want to follow the advices given to you, then it's your decision.

You need to configure the URL which Expressway C can resolve. if you resolve it to PUBLIC IP its won't be active. 

Response Signature

Collect the logs from Expressway C and E while recreating the issue. And check it on CSA tool. Will come to know more Information.

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

As @Nithin Eluvathingal already pointed out: Is your DNS entry set correctly?

From the second screenshot, it looks like "meet.dnd-ph.org" resolve to a public IP (probably your EXP-E).

But you need resolve it to the internal IP of your CMS. EXP-C connects directly to your CMS (and not to EXP-E) for this connection.

If you have configured Proper internal DNS entry. To Clear the cache, Flush DNS from Expressway C. 

Response Signature