Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway communication between internal user and external

cdevkota-sc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CUCM, Expressway C, E, Jabber and MRA phone services. Planning to add Webex Hybrid Calendar services and Webex Edge Solution in future. I would like to know, how expressway E is using for signaling and media communication between internal and external users. Expressway E is in Public DMZ.

Scenario 1:  One user is internal and 2nd user is external (one to one)

Scenario 2: 3 users are internal and 5 users are external (Many to many)

Scenario 3:  1 user internal and 5 users external

Scenario 4: 5 users internal and 1 user external

Does expressway E using for all these communication?

Is there any differences if Expressway is in Public Internet?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Strongly suggest you review the various sessions in the Cisco Live catalog that cover MRA and call/signaling flows to understand the solution.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hello JAVA; 

Thanks for your recommendation. I am new on UCM world and Cisco Live Catalog might helpful. That might take me several hours to learn to get answer for my questions. Is there anyway you can tell me Expressway E is used for any or all of my scenario? Thanks!

Do the work and read up on the subject at hand, not only will you end up learning something along the way, you will also likely become a better engineer on the other end of this. At least a more knowledgeable one.

There is no such thing as a free lunch as the saying goes.

Response Signature

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Strongly suggest you review the various sessions in the Cisco Live catalog that cover MRA and call/signaling flows to understand the solution.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello JAVA; 

Thanks for your recommendation. I am new on UCM world and Cisco Live Catalog might helpful. That might take me several hours to learn to get answer for my questions. Is there anyway you can tell me Expressway E is used for any or all of my scenario? Thanks!

Do the work and read up on the subject at hand, not only will you end up learning something along the way, you will also likely become a better engineer on the other end of this. At least a more knowledgeable one.

There is no such thing as a free lunch as the saying goes.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: