Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-E Certificate

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have signed an Expressway-E with Comodo and when Jabber for Windows connects, everything is fine, but when I connect from Android I still, get a security warning.

This is the first time I have signed the Expressway by Comodo, all other installations were signed by Godaddy, and then I had no problems, not with Windows nor with Android/iPhone

Anyone has seen that? I mean Jabber Windows no security warning, but Jabber Android still gives a security warning?

Thanks..

JH

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at the device and see if it has the Comodo root CA in it.

I have an HTC 10 and I do have a bunch of Comodo CA Limited certs installed by default.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime

I have already done that and my Android (Edge 7) has these Comodo CA's:

When I connect with my Android I get an error and see this:

The CA name seems to be "COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA"

Which is not in my Android, but I can find it in my windows

Has anyone else have seen this with Comodo?

Thanks

Jan

It seems the CSC issue has been fixed.

I also use W10, but I don't see that CA in my cert manager under trusted roots.

If you open your cert on windows, do you see that cert as the root??

Or are there intermediate certs??

Have you tried reaching Comodo to make sure they used the "right" CA to sign them?

Or tell them you're going to be using mobile devices, maybe they need to use another one.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime

What we have seen is that only Android throws in the security warning, Windows, iPad and even SX10 over MRA work fine

For the moment we leave it like this, important is the SX10 and other telepresence devices to be working correctly.

If we have more issues we shall contact COMODO, with Godaddy we have had never any issues, all jabber flavors, Telepresence and IP phones work fine.

Thanks

Jan

Hello Jaime

My Android (edge 7) has these COMODO CA's:

When I connect with my Android I get this error:

Seemed to be issued by "COMODO RSA Domain VAlidation Secure Server CA" which is not in my Android, but is in my windows 10 PC

Anyone Seen that?

Thanks

Jan

Hello Jaime

I tried to post some screen shot's but seems doesn't work, so with attachments

On my phone I have COMODO certificates, see attachment, but when I connect with Android I get an error. I see that the issuer is "COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA" which is not in my Android list, but I can find it on my Windows 10 machine

Anyone seen that?

Thanks

Jan

Hi,

I have COMODO certificates in my Android (Edge 7)

But I see the Expressway reports that the the issuer is "COMODO RSA Domain VAlidation Secure Server CA"

And this certificate is not in my Android, but is in Windows 10

Any idea?

Thanks

Jan

Test