cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway/Jabber - use mail address instead of user ID

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

We're doing a POC for Expressway and Jabber mobile.  An issue I've hit is with logins.  In CUCM, we're syncing with Active Directory.  We use a 3-character user ID for the sAMAccountName in AD.  The mail ID is also populated in CUCM via the LDAP sync.  The problem that I can see us running into is when the user puts in their email address to find the server, and then having to change the username to their 3 character ID when they go to put the password in.

Has anyone come across a similar issue and how did you work around it (without changing the LDAP sync to use their mail ID instead of sAMAccountName)?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of jabber is this? is this 10.5?  Users only need to put in their full login ie userid@domain.com once. Once your domain is cached, subsequent logins doesn't need to use the domain part of the login. if you do jabber resets the cache files and then asks you to login again..

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of jabber is this? is this 10.5?  Users only need to put in their full login ie userid@domain.com once. Once your domain is cached, subsequent logins doesn't need to use the domain part of the login. if you do jabber resets the cache files and then asks you to login again..

Sorry for the delayed response Ayodeji.  You are spot on...after tinkering with the client some more, you are 100% right.  After the initial discovery, it's just the user ID (sAMAccountName in our case).

Thanks as always!

SJ

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

My experience with IMP 10.5 and Jabber for Windows 9.7 was this won't work.  IM&P makes the presence id username@domain.com@domain.com

Let us know how it turns out.

Hello,

I have this when i use the mail as UserID on the CUCM,

And i can't use UDS directory because all my users are with "name@domain.com@domain.com" as IM address because UserID is "name@domain.com" 

Have you any solution for this ?

Best regards

Matthieu

I don't understand your question. 

What is your presence domain set to. Your users should login with name@domain.com where domain.com is your presence domain 

I found the solution,

For your understanding, 

> I use the mail as USERID in the CUCM 

> In Cisco Jabber, on the detail of a user, i see "Discussion (IM) = mail@domain.com" so i see "Discussion (IM) = user@domain.com@domain.com" and that's why when i tried to chat with a user, it's didn't work because my user wasn't "user@domain.com@domain.com"

My problem was in my jabber-config.xml,

With this config, i had user@domain.com@domain.com

<Directory>
<DirectoryServerType>UDS</DirectoryServerType>
<UdsServer>X.X.X.X</UdsServer>
<BaseFilter>(&amp;(objectCategory=person))</BaseFilter>
<PredictiveSearchFilter>anr=</PredictiveSearchFilter>
<DisableSecondaryNumberLookups>0</DisableSecondaryNumberLookups>
<SearchTimeout>5</SearchTimeout>
<UseWildcards>0</UseWildcards>
<MinimumCharacterQuery>3</MinimumCharacterQuery>
<BDIUserANR>true</BDIUserANR>
</Directory>

I changed with this config and it's ok

<Directory>
<UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>true</UseSIPURIToResolveContacts>
<SipUri>mail</SipUri>
<BDIUseSIPURIToResolveContacts>true</BDIUseSIPURIToResolveContacts>
<BDISipUri>mail</BDISipUri>
</Directory>

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: