Views
Helpful
Replies

External IM federation issue

arumoncs82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I am trying to configure the external IM federation for my webex connect. I followed the steps which is available on the documentation. Still i am not successfull.

Please see the configuration i did.

1. Added "gmail.com" into the domain whitelist.

2. enabled "allow non-connect clients" options.

3. No policies configured.

4. Created the SRV recorde (server/client) on my public dns. It got populated on the internet.

Please let me know, do i need to open the port 5269 and 5222 on my firewall. (out goining is already open, what about incoming).

Please help.

Regards,

Aravind

3 Replies 3

arumoncs82
Level 1
Level 1

Any one please.

Regards,

Aravind

mvild
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, ports need to be opened both ways.  Otherwise, sounds like you have done everything else required.

Hi,

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but you do not need to open any ports on your firewall. The port and communications you entered in the SRV records are the connection to the WebEx "cloud" not to your internal network. All communication is done through the cloud.

All you need to do is as you stated, add the SRV records pointing to your domain on webex. allow clients to communicate with third parties, turn on federation, and you are good. The other party needs to accept your invite but other than that, that's it.

Bob James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: