Views
Helpful
Replies

Federation and contact details

etamminga
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

When I federate between jabber for windows/cups and gmail or another jabber/cups organization no contact details are passed through. Is there an option to pass at least the full name and phone numbers?

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

2 Replies 2

Paul O'Dwyer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Erik,

That's correct behaviour as there is no directory integration with INTER-domain federation. The only things thats passed is the users 'JID' which will be in the form of <username@domain.com>. Gmail will reflect this in the buddy list as and Jabber will shows the full JID, i.e. <username@domain.com>.

Regards,

Paul

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

Are there any plans to change this in the future? Especially because in jabber the user can only 'correct' the display name and not add phone numbers and other details. This is pretty user un-friendly. If I'm correct, Lync allows the user to determine what information to federate and at least the full name is passed-on which is good and friendlier to the user.

Regards,

Erik

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: