Views
Helpful
Replies

File Share Option Not Available in a Chat Room

abdul rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a lab setup with 2 IM and Presence Servers (11.x). I have configured the Persistent Chat and Managed File Transfer. External File server status and External database status shows everything good. There are two problems I am facing.

1)  File transfer option  is not available in the group chat.

2)  I can share my desktop. But when the other parties accept the request it just Flashed away.

Please help

Regards

Abdul Rasheed

5 Replies 5

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the information section of the im&p admin page do you see any pending XCP router restart warnings; if yes; then please take a downtime and get these services restarted.

next can you confirm what jabber clients are you using for testing; are they being tested internally or over MRA/VPN ?

Also in im&p admin page; select messaging\ File transfer \ can you confirm if you have selected " Managed File transfer" option ?

Please note before you use the managed file transfer feature all end clients must support this feature.

i hope this will help.

- Amit

Hi Amit

Thanks for your reply. After activating managef file transfer. I restart Cisco XCP Router service.  I configured and tested internally. Not using MRA OR VPN. And all clients are Cisco jabber for Windows 11.x. 

I enable managed and peer to peer  filtransfer.

Thanks 

Abdul Rasheed 

the two users in questions that you are using for testing; are they pointing to the same IM&P node ? If not can you move them to the same node and re test ?

I have four users participating in the persistent group chat. Two are assigned to the fisrt node in the cluster and the other two to the second node. I have enabled redundancy in the sub-cluster. How can I move users from one node to the other.

Thanks

for moving the users;

-> goto cucm admin page\ user management\ select assign presence user\ search the users and select " Assign selected users" and then in the next dialogue box select the node.