Views
Helpful
Replies

File Share Option Not Available in a Chat Room

abdul rasheed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a lab setup with 2 IM and Presence Servers (11.x). I have configured the Persistent Chat and Managed File Transfer. External File server status and External database status shows everything good. There are two problems I am facing.

1)  File transfer option  is not available in the group chat.

2)  I can share my desktop. But when the other parties accept the request it just Flashed away.

Please help

Regards

Abdul Rasheed

5 Replies 5

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

on the information section of the im&p admin page do you see any pending XCP router restart warnings; if yes; then please take a downtime and get these services restarted.

next can you confirm what jabber clients are you using for testing; are they being tested internally or over MRA/VPN ?

Also in im&p admin page; select messaging\ File transfer \ can you confirm if you have selected " Managed File transfer" option ?

Please note before you use the managed file transfer feature all end clients must support this feature.

i hope this will help.

- Amit

Hi Amit

Thanks for your reply. After activating managef file transfer. I restart Cisco XCP Router service.  I configured and tested internally. Not using MRA OR VPN. And all clients are Cisco jabber for Windows 11.x. 

I enable managed and peer to peer  filtransfer.

Thanks 

Abdul Rasheed 

the two users in questions that you are using for testing; are they pointing to the same IM&P node ? If not can you move them to the same node and re test ?

I have four users participating in the persistent group chat. Two are assigned to the fisrt node in the cluster and the other two to the second node. I have enabled redundancy in the sub-cluster. How can I move users from one node to the other.

Thanks

for moving the users;

-> goto cucm admin page\ user management\ select assign presence user\ search the users and select " Assign selected users" and then in the next dialogue box select the node.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: