Views
Helpful
Replies

Force Client to Re-Login to Jabber

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

Is there any way to force logout all clients' sessions from IMP? So they have to login again to the IMP server. Does Cisco provide a way to do this? My CM version is 11.5.1.15900-18 and IMP version is 11.5.1.15900-33.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There is no way to force all client sessions to logout from IMPS.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There is no way to force all client sessions to logout from IMPS.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi Vaijanath,

Thank you for the answer.

The reason why I want to force log off is that I want to disable the chat feature on Jabber by disabling XCP router. But apparently it needs the client to relogin so the chat tab disappears. If the user does not relogin, the chat tab will remain but it cannot be used.

Maybe you have a workaround for this?

Hi,

The only workaround I think is to send an email to all users to logout and login back to Cisco Jabber.

Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

In modern versions that support OAuth tokens you can revoke a user’s refresh tokens from CUCM admin. This will force a logout once the session tokens expire (12 hours by default). Note that OAuth tokens are not enabled by default on CUCM-IM&P, CUC, or Expressway.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/11_9/Unified-CM-OAuth-Whitepaper-v17-FINAL.pdf

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: