Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting the error failed to uplaod avatar from the web client

paul.thomas1
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

Whenever I attempt to upload an avatar i get the same failure every time, see below:

failed.avatar.png

I am using Firefox version 31.0, this occurs with Chrome version 41.0.2272.89 m.

Any help you can give would be most awesome.

Thanks,

Paul

6 Replies 6

jminasia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback. I am not able to duplicate this at this moment, can you try again and let me know if it's still failing?

If it still doesn't work can you post what is shown in the Failed to upload avatar box and also submit a feedback report via clicking on the Settings - Feedback icon.

Best regards,

Jean Minasian.

Jean,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I have attempted to upload and avatar again and get the same failure. I have followed your directions and sent a feedback request via the spark settings. And below is the screenshot of the error i get.

failed.avatar.png

Also, I cannot seem to find any reference to dimensions, file types, and maximum size restrictions for avatars.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

The file types are .jpg , .gif, and .png and it re-sizes the file in the process.  Is your browser behind a proxy on a corp network by chance or no proxy?

Regards,

Jean.

Jean,

Thanks for the info. It looks like IT is being sneaky and adding the proxy back whenever i remove it. So just jumped on another PC that I know for a fact won't have a proxy and walla, it works. Sorry for the hassle, but thanks for the help. It's greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update, glad it's working for you now!

Best regards,

Jean.

sdolnack
Level 1
Level 1

I realize that the proxy thing caused your problem, but the Avatar upload failure is a known issue with Spark for Web.  See this here linky dink for the "workaround":  Cisco Spark | Cisco Spark for Web - Known Issues

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: