cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Chat

jsmcniel88
Level 4
Level 4

It appears that group chat has stopped working for Jabber For Mac and Jabber For Windows. Looks like 9.6 for windows is when this occurred. Now when you invite someone in to a existing chat nothing happens. Is there a new setting in Jabber-config that needs to be enabled?

5 Replies 5

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-> Can you check in the cups server/serviceability/ control center- feature service;  if the following service has been started; "Cisco UP XCP Text Conference Manager".

-> Please refer to the following link to understand what went new for Jabber for windows group chat;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_6/ReleaseNotes/JABW_BK_CC514631_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-release/JABW_BK_CC514631_00_cisco-jabber-for-windows-release_chapter_00.html#JABW_RF_W7FC2E71_00

Cisco Jabber for Windows now displays the following Start Group Chat dialog when users start group chats:

As of this release, the Prompt me to accept group chat invitations option is available in the Chats tab on the Options window.

This option has the following values:
Selected

Cisco Jabber prompts users to accept group chat invitations. This is the default value.

< Note: If this option which is default one remains selected; the invited users need to click accept to join the group chat>

Cleared

Cisco Jabber automatically accepts all group chat invitations.

i hope this helps.

Cisco UP XCP Text Conference Manager is checked.

As of this release, the Prompt me to accept group chat invitations option is available in the Chats tab on the Options window.

I see this setting in windows but not on the mac client. Either way, checked the users still see nothing when a group chat is requested. Cleared they again see nothing. Almost like the invite is not making it to the contact at all.

Cisco UP XCP Text Conference Manager this service needs to be started and activated; by checked do you mean the same ?

Yes check and started.

by group chat do you mean try to do a adhoc chat; or have you enabled persistent chat. If you have enabled persistent chat what is the version of Im and Presence server that you are using.

If you dont want to do persistent chat can you test the following;

on the im and pr admin page; goto messaging\ click group chat and persistent chat\ and check if you have enabled persistent chat by any chance.

Note disabling of this option provided it is checked and enabled would require a downtime.

My point is if you are sure you want to use persistent chat ; then need to ensure that the version of IM and P that you are using is compatible with Jabber for windows. Else you would want to do adhoc chat.

i hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: