cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having Audio Issues in Jabber for Windows 10.5.1

mschmidtwest
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason, in Jabber for Windows 10.5.1, I am not able to get audio to work for things like application sounds (e.g. ring tones).  The settings for speakers and microphones all are set up correctly and Jabber as a softphone audio (both mic and speakers) work just fine.  It's just things like ringtones and other application oriented event sounds. 

I'm on Windows 8.1.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you confirm the following;

while under jabber settings \ file\ options\ sounds and alerts

do you see " Play sound for chat messages" checked.

also can you confirm under " select ringtone" while you press Play button; do you then hear the ring tone.

Also please confirm what is the settings for " mute jabber while on a call"; if this is checked and if you are on a call ; jabber will not play alert tones.

- please rate if this helps.

Thanks.  Here are my configuration details (in the attachment).  Playing the ring tone doesn't work and it doesn't really matter if I have the Mute Jabber while on a Call checkbox on or off.

mschmidtwest
Level 1
Level 1

Problem still exists in Jabber 10.5.2 and 10.5.3.  Very frustrating as it causes me to miss incoming calls and chats.  I did plug in a USB headset and Jabber was able to use the headset's earpiece and microphone just fine.  It's just something odd with my built in speakers and the applications sounds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: