cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Home Phone Number in Jabber

cjdiener16
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to stop the Home Phone Number from displaying in Jabber? Or can we just not import the Home Phone Number into CUCM? We have a signature software for our emails that uses the Home telephone field in AD. Before we change all of the signature templates to not use the Home number, I was just wondering if we could exclude it from Jabber.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nope, you're both looking at the wrong place (Roger and OP), Jabber directory field mapping is on the jabber-config.xml either the actual .xml file or the UC service, depending on the CUCM version.

I'm not talking about the actual LDAP integration for CUCM, that is independent from Jabber.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Assuming your directory source is LDAP, you can change the field mapping to a bogus/empty field

HTH

java

@Jaime Valencia wrote:

Assuming your directory source is LDAP, you can change the field mapping to a bogus/empty field

AFAIK you can't change that field mapping.

Snag_1c0c7b2.png

Response Signature

Thanks for the info. I am using LDAP integration, but I cannot change any, save for 3, mappings in the LDAP Directory config. The only ones that I can change are Middle Name, Phone Number and Directory URI. Is that in a Service or Enterprise Parameter somewhere? I did a quick scout in the Parameters sections but couldn't find it.

Nope, you're both looking at the wrong place (Roger and OP), Jabber directory field mapping is on the jabber-config.xml either the actual .xml file or the UC service, depending on the CUCM version.

I'm not talking about the actual LDAP integration for CUCM, that is independent from Jabber.

HTH

java

Makes sense now. You're talking about this below, correct?

<Directory>

<HomePhone>xxxx</HomePhone>

</Directory>

Thanks for your help.

Correct, the documentation explains to which LDAP field they default, but you can change that if you need if the info is on other field in your directory, or in your case, point to a something empty so no info is retrieved.

HTH

java

Thanks @Jaime Valencia, learned something new today. :-)

Response Signature

Hello Jaime, what should I write if I want to show the HomePhome empty?

Should I just do this:

<HomePhone>empty</HomePhone>

Or this:

<HomePhone></HomePhone>

Thanks for your help