Views
Helpful
Replies

home-uds-info

ljohnson7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble logging into Jabber. I think I have the SRV records configured correctly, however, the "home-uds-info" file continues to pull the incorrect URL for the CUCM server. I can log in if I manually modify the file.

Where could this rouge URL be pulling from? The "service-location" file is pulling the correct address.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Muaaz El Kamali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

You need to check the DNS. Do nslookup in cmd follow below steps:

nslookup

set type=srv

_cisco-uds._tcp.<domain.com>

Change the domain with your domain and check the result from DNS

Also you need to check the jabber-config.xml file and the configuration in service profile

Regards,

Muaaz

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Muaaz El Kamali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

You need to check the DNS. Do nslookup in cmd follow below steps:

nslookup

set type=srv

_cisco-uds._tcp.<domain.com>

Change the domain with your domain and check the result from DNS

Also you need to check the jabber-config.xml file and the configuration in service profile

Regards,

Muaaz

I have that figured out. However, what would cause the following issue:

I have three domain controllers. If I shut down one of the three, the ability to log into Jabber fails. I receive a username/password error. Any thoughts?

If all three domain controllers are up are you able to login?

What is the authentication process? locally in CUCM or from domain controllers?

There are several places to check the username/password error but first we have to understand the authentication process

Appreciated if you can have a different post for the question so the other users can track their issues as well

Regards, 

Muaaz

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: