cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hot to monitor connected Jabber Clients?

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have a CUCM 11.x cluster (made by 2 nodes), a CUCM IM&P 11.x cluster (made by 2 nodes), and some Cisco Jabber clients.

We want to monitor the connections and the disconnections of the Jabber clients from the various nodes.

In the RTMT, we have found some useful graphs (in particular, the "Registered SIP Phones" and the "Current Connected Jabber/XMPP Clients"), and we have noticed that their courses aren't always similar.

For example, we have noticed in the graphs that, sometimes, the "Registered SIP phones" decrease (i.e., the phone component of one Jabber disconnects from a CUCM node), but the related "Current Connected Jabber/XMPP Clients" don't decrease (i.e., the IM & Presence component of that Jabber remains connected to the CUCM IM&P node). In other words, it seems that only the phone component of the Jabber suffers the disconnection...

So, we want to find in the CUCM and CUCM IM&P server logs the answers of the following questions:

• At which time the user u has connected to the CUCM or CUCM IM&P node p1?
  • At which time the user u has disconnected from the CUCM or CUCM IM&P node p1, and has connected to the CUCM or CUCM IM&P node p2?

TIA and regards.

6 Replies 6

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can refer the discussion

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/13120466/jabber-report

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

Thanks for the information.

As suggested in that discussion, we have just tried to use the following SQL query, on both the CUCM IM&P nodes:

run sql select e.userid, cd.timelastaccessed from enduser as e, credentialdynamic as cd, credential as cr where e.pkid=cr.fkenduser and e.tkuserprofile=1 and e.primarynodeid is not null and cr.tkcredential=3 and cr.pkid=cd.fkcredential order by cd.timelastaccessed

Unfortunately, the outcomes are identical for both the CUCM IM&P nodes, i.e., this query provides "clusterwide" information, and not "specific node" information...

Do you have other ideas?

For example, we know that in the RTMT, by using the "SysLog Viewer" tool for the CUCM nodes, we can find the following events, related to the phones: "EndpointRegistered" and "EndpointUnregistered" (under "Application Logs -> AlternateSyslog"). Unfortunately, we can find similar events for the CUCM IM&P nodes and the Jabber clients...

Thanks again and regards.

I have never tried that let me find .

regds,

aman

Hello Aman,

have you found other ways to monitor the connected Jabber Clients?

Regards.

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well IM and P 11 has a reporting feature on GUI which may be a help to you.The report looks like something below.

it can be accessed by navigating to Cisco Unified IM and Presence Reporting > Presence Usage

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: