cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I add moderators to a Spark room?

amreese
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm using the Windows desktop version of Spark. I'm trying to figure out how to assign other moderators for a room I created. I've locked the room to make myself a moderator but can't find any way to add other moderators.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should be able to claim moderator first, then additional options when right clicked would show with the other names as Louis pointed out. If you are not moderator you will only see remove.

-m

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lpratt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Amanda,

From the People list on the right side, simply right click on the user you want to make a moderator.  There are two options that show up Remove and Make Moderator.

Louis

Hi Louis,

Thank you. Even when I'm a moderator though, the only option that shows up when I right-click on a person's name is Remove. Is this because I'm using the desktop version of Spark rather than the Web version?

You should be able to claim moderator first, then additional options when right clicked would show with the other names as Louis pointed out. If you are not moderator you will only see remove.

-m

I don't understand the "claim moderator" first? I created a team and several rooms and  i added several people as members and moderators through the API. But when i go directly into a room and click on the People icon I see myself and the other moderators I added listed as moderators and I see participants. But when i right click on a participant the only options I see are "Send Message" and "Remove from Room".  I am using Mac spark client.

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.51.08 AM.png

Oh, nevermind, I see that when i log in to the web version of spark, i do have the additional option to Add as Moderator.

Screen Shot 2016-12-07 at 12.53.17 AM.png