cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I search and join a Persistent Group Chat Room in Jabber 9.1?

Cian OSullivan
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUPS 8.6.4.11900-1 in a 2 node cluster, CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9 in a 2 node cluster and Jabber for Windows 9.1.0 Build 12296 on Windows 7 x64 SP1.

I have added PostGRESQL 9.2 Databases for IM Compliance(1 database for both CUPS nodes) and Groupt Chat persistance(1 database for each CUPS node). 

IM Compliance is working fine and Group Chat External Database checks are successful.

I have created the required Chat Node Aliases and now I just need to test the Persistent Group Chat rooms but I can't see how to do so in Jabber for Windows 9.1.0.

Is this feature available yet?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not available yet. You can install the legacy CUPC client if you want to test it out or validate that the server-side work is done correctly.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not available yet. You can install the legacy CUPC client if you want to test it out or validate that the server-side work is done correctly.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Thanks Jonathan.  Any idea on which version this is planned for?

Been waiting for this feature for a long time now. Does anyone know when it will be coming? Can't see anything in the release notes of the recent versions.

Thanks

It's not in any of the currently shipping 9.2 or 9.5 clients.

We cannot answer the "when" question here as the answer requires an NDA, as all roadmap answers do.

Neil Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your response.

What is the best method to progress this further. More than happy to go under NDA, and did do recently for something else, so we may already be covered.

I'll also reach out to my Cisco acc manager

Thanks

Your Cisco AM is the best advocate for you. Be prepared to give them a business case with a financial impact/benefit to your company. The BU has been under seige from all sides for so long now that they will just give you a canned answer of "it's on the backlog" without it.

Other than the BU your only NDA-protected option is the Collaboration User Group. Denise is pretty good about getting BU involvement on that community.

I believe it is still not available even in Jabber windows 9.6 version.

Hi

We will be bringing Persistent Group Chat to Jabber for Windows in 9.7 for end users, with room Admin functions added in 10.0.

9.7 will be posted in our Early Adopter forum at the end of this month (Jan 2014), and is expected to FCS the following month.

Sign up via the Collaboration User Group, we'd be delighted to receive your feedback on this new feature.

Thanks, Damien

Hi guys,

I've configured all requested features and in Jabber 9.7 for Win, I still cannot create persistent chat room. I have got CUCM 10 and CUCM IM&P 10. Access to the DB is OK and I see normal messages logged in DB, so I suppose that there is no problem with DB. All the presence services are running except Cisco XCP Text Conference Manager and Cisco XCP Directory Service.

Does someone has got the same problem?

Damien McCoy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Jabber for Windows 9.7 supports Persistent Chat end user participation.

Our next Release, 10.5 which is expected in early Q3/14 will add Room Administration and Moderator features, including room creation.

We will have early customer builds of this in May/June in our Early Adopter Program (www.cisco.com/go/eap)

In the interim you can use any XMPP Client with room creation capability to create rooms. There are many licensed or open source clients available.

Damien

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: