cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you set CEC mode on SX10 Room Device after Registered to Spark?

mrguitar
Level 4
Level 4

After registering the device to Spark, the web interface loses the user authentication credentials.  No combination of username/passwords seem to work.

On this Doc: Administer Cisco Spark Room Systems | Cisco Cloud Collaboration Help Central it says:

Note: When you register a room system to Cisco Spark, its API gets locked and you are not able to access the room system's web interface. All of the room system's settings are set to default.

For information on which products are supported on Cisco Spark, take a look at the Supported Devices article.

But then there is nothing that states how to set the CEC mode anywhere nor how to access the web interface.  Does someone know please?

Thanks,

Ed

5 Replies 5

lpratt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ed,

Access to the web interface is not there with the cloud registered endpoints today.  What is the scenario you are trying to address via the web interface?

Louis

Yes, I know it's disabled, but I need to turn on CEC so that the TV will switch over to that HDMI port automatically from the one it's on.  Anyone know how to do that?  Is there a roadmap for this, if not?

Michael Stark
Level 7
Level 7

Wow that is honestly so lame that you cannot enable CEC on a Spark registered endpoint, what a joke!

I'm having issues with CEC on NEC brand screens, so stay away from NEC if you can. But I'm not using Spark so at least I can turn it on.

Marcel Imrich
Level 4
Level 4

Hi guys,

just to give you some update. I've succesfuly enabled HDMI-CEC on my SX10, but it looks like this option is not available on all Spark subscriptions, right now. You may try to look for the "Launch Advanced Settings" tab.

spark-endpoint.png

Then it's working just fine with our Samsung LED TV.

Marcel

mlswanson
Level 1
Level 1

I spoke with Spark support yesterday on this - I'm told that this feature is currently rolling out to all organizations in waves, but it has not hit everyone yet. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get a time frame for full deployment.

So, the answer to your question is "be patient, it's coming."