Views
Helpful
Replies

How to disable multiple login sessions in Jabber 9.2

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

As I remember I could disable the possibility for multiple login sessions in Jabber EAP 9.2. Meaning the user will get logged out if he/she login on another computer.

What is the name of the policy or option I can set in the config.xml file? I can't find it in the administration guide.

Thanks

Kristian                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Kristian,

Yes I have made it work as you expect.

The thing is though that you have to define this parameter (LOGIN_RESOURCE) during installation. This is also stated in the documentation.

page 85-86 in the following guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config.pdf

When I install this with the following command

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 TYPE=CUP ADDRESS=x.x.x.x DOMAIN=test.com LOGIN_RESOURCE=WBX it works. When I am logged in to jabber and I try to login to another PC with the same credentials I get the following on the jabber client.

EDIT: It basically adds the following line in the jabber-bootstrap.properties file

LoginResource: wbxconnect

The file is located here

C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber

So you can add that line even after the jabber is installed and it should take effect according to my tests.

Regards,
Christos

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Is it not possilbe to disable anymore?

Our users should not be able to login into several J4W.

Hi Kristian,

Yes, you can disable Multiple resource login in configuration file by adding:

wbxconnect

Regards,

Suzana

Hi

Will this work when we are using CUP and not WebEx?

Best regards

Kristian

Yes, this is working when CUP is used.

Regards,

Suzana

I have now added

wbxconnect

However I can't get it to work properly. I'm testing with two sessions. Sometimes one client is getting unregistered, but it's not signed out .

I'm running 9.2(0). Should I install 9.2.1?

/Kristian 

Here is my jabber-config.xml file:

EDI

OU=BB-Brugere,DC=int,dc=dragsted,DC=com

otherHomePhone

otherHomePhone

true

sAMAccountName

http://www..com/~/media/Import/Employees/Images/Portrait/sAMAccountName.jpg

+45|+## #### ####|+45|+## #### ####

false

true

false

true

false

.exe;.msi;.rar;.zip;.mp3

softphone

true

true

wbxconnect

phone

You must upload xml file to tftp server. Procedure is described here.

Regards,

Suzana

I have done that already. I'm testing it as a group config file, using the support field on the phone profile.

Can anyone else get this to work properly in 9.2?

/Kristian

Hi Kristian,

Yes I have made it work as you expect.

The thing is though that you have to define this parameter (LOGIN_RESOURCE) during installation. This is also stated in the documentation.

page 85-86 in the following guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/Windows/9_2/JABW_BK_C9731738_00_jabber-windows-install-config.pdf

When I install this with the following command

msiexec.exe /i CiscoJabberSetup.msi CLEAR=1 TYPE=CUP ADDRESS=x.x.x.x DOMAIN=test.com LOGIN_RESOURCE=WBX it works. When I am logged in to jabber and I try to login to another PC with the same credentials I get the following on the jabber client.

EDIT: It basically adds the following line in the jabber-bootstrap.properties file

LoginResource: wbxconnect

The file is located here

C:\ProgramData\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber

So you can add that line even after the jabber is installed and it should take effect according to my tests.

Regards,
Christos

Thanks Christos that worked. However I used MUT and not WBX, as we are running a CUP server.

Thanks alot.

/Kristian

No problem Kristian

You can use both WBX or MUT depending on your needs. Both of them are available in Jabber for windows integrated with a CUP server.

Thx,
Christos

Ok

I little request: Here in the IT department, we often login as another user on another PC, for support purposes. Normally J4W is set to login automatically, meaning that the user gets signed out. And if the user has an ongoing call, the call is terminated.

It would be very helpful if it was impossible to sign in into another J4W, if there is an ongoing call. Maybe such feature is on the roadmap already?

Thanks

/Kristian

Hi Kristian,

I am not aware of any such feature but then again it doesn't mean that there isn't any. I think you better discuss this with your local cisco account team and they can take it from there.

HTH,
Christos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: