Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get Jabber working on Android or IPhone

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I wanted to know can someone tell me what do I need to do to get Jabber working on my Android and also for Apple users. I downloaded the software from the Google play store and when I try and login it get the error "Cannot recognize your service domain"

4 Replies 4

jeffreyheeman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there.  Do you have a cisco IM&P server (instant messaging and presence server)?  If so and it's configured properly.  You will still need to create the jabber profile for the android phone, iphone, tablet, etc in call manager also.  The software as it stands today works pretty well and will sync up with your server if everything is configured correctly. 

thanks,

Jeff

I've created the profiles but still can't login, do you know anything else I can try.

If you created the profiles, and still no luck, double check your config per the guide. This is from 10.5, not sure which version you are on, but is pretty much the same across the board. Some slight variations of course.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/10_5/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber/CJAB_BK_D6497E98_00_deployment-installation-guide-ciscojabber_chapter_01001.html

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

90% of the config for any Jabber client is the same, main difference is the kind of device you need to create in CUCM, and the features that are supported and you might need to enable/disable in the .xml

The Jabber documentation covers all flavors of Jabber, have you reviewed it?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: