cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to place calls from Jabber 9.6 on iPhone?

iamroot80
Level 1
Level 1

Within the Jabber 9.5 client you had either at "Contact" the possibility to call that Contact or from Chat (left from the text field).

Where are this options now? I can just call right now from "Recent" or from "Keypad" what is not really useable.

Is there any trick i missed how to place call now directly out from "Contact" or "Favorites"???

16 Replies 16

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can enter the number in the search window, either type in the phone number or an URI. when you enter the number you have to press "Call XXXX" which shows up right below it.

Recent calls show up under the recent menu which is visable after pressing teh menu button in upper left corner.

HTH,

Chris

But why i'm no longer able just to go on a Contact within "Contacts" or "Favorite" menu and call him? Thats a simple function which worked till Cisco Jabber 9.5 and now it's just gone?

Or next to chat window the three dots, so you chat with somebody and need to call him - now you have to leave chat and chat menu and type his number manually instead of just pressing the three dots and select "Call".

So at three places a user friendly call function got lost now or am i just no longer able to see it?

You can still do that, select the contact and then press the "..." button on the left next to the chat window for call options.

HTH,

Chris

No, i checked with several contacts and for all of them there is just the text chat any more and no more three dots

I just looked at my client and I see it, pressed the contact, next to the window where I can type I see "..." button, when I press it I get green "Call" button, when i press that I get presented with all of the numbers associated with the contact.  Perhaps your contacts dont have proper phone numbers mapped?

HTH,

Chris

I don't see any more phone numbers with the contacts - with Jabber Client 9.5 it worked very well, now it's gone?!?

Even deleted a contact, re-added to my client but still the same issue - also verified on another phone with different account.

In the release notes i didn't find any information that something change here.

were you using UDS as the direcotry method?

I dont think the 9.6 client supports it - I get the same issue

Yes we are using UDS as we have also windows clients not connected to active directory.

Looks like we have to switch to EDI somehow - was there any information in the Release Notes of 9.6?

Where did you read that Jabber for iPhone requires EDI?  This is only the case with Windows 9.6 client, which is changing back in future release.

HTH,

Chris

Cisco BU confirmation - they are tyring to get it back for 9.6.1 but not confirmed

plus you need to use BDI rather than EDI -

Correct, I believe only Windows client supports EDI, others support BDI.

Chris

I've been running some tests and I can get BDI to work on the iphons but not on the ipad using this version

CUCM, CUPS 8.6

Hi,

I have a similar situation (UDS) and I have the same problems after updating Jabber on the iPhone (and installing Jabber 9.6.1 on the iPad) .

Could you please post an example ob the settings in jabber-config-xml for Windows clients and

configuration for devices need BDI?

Thanks,

Mirko

Hi,

Do you have an xml sample for BDI configuration ?

Regards,