Views
Helpful
Replies

How to retrieve presence status for deskphone from Jabber Clients

Driss BENATTOU
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Please advise if it's possible to get presence status  for ip phone 79xx or 99xx from Jabber client through SIP Trunk between CUCM 8.5 and CUP 8.5 ?

the Watcher is : Jabber Client

Presence Entity : Cisco Ip Phone 79xx / 99xx

Regards

Driss

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you get that assuming you have configured everything properly and added the user, they'll say something: as offline, on the phone or something similar.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

thank you for your reply.

The ip phone 79xx/99xx seems as it's offline. But, I can get presence status for other jabber clients.

Regards

Driss

Then review all the presence related settings, configs in CUCM.

Sip trunk, presence group, monitoring CSS, etc.

If you add the user who is associated to the phone on jabber (even if he doesn't have jabber), you should see when he's on a call.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hello Jaime,

I have a similar scenario, but with the difference that the contacts were added from Outlook contacts (not from LADP) on Jabber. My questions are:

- Is it possible to monitor the status of a contact added from Outlook contact list, given the phone number of the contact on Outlook is the same DN of the user on CUCM that I want to monitor?

- How CUPS and CUCM tie the contact information to change the status on Jabber? From user-id, phone number...?

Just in case, the configuration of Presence Groups, Subscribe CSS, user, DN, etc. are OK.

Thanks a lot,

AndrƩ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: