cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to retrieve the chat history from Cisco Jabber for Windows?

atulkaul1985
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have already enabled the '

As per my knowledge, the history should get saved in C:\Documents and Settings\home\Local Settings\Application Data\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History\<username>.db

But I am unable to find the folder 'History' inside CSF folder, so unable to find db file as well.

Please help.

18 Replies 18

You used to be able to open these .db files with SQLLite, however, Cisco has begun encrypting the local db files.  This post will provide some history: http://www.pilotmikekc.com/2016/02/12/viewing-cisco-jabber-local-history-file/.  See the post from 9/15/17 by Mike.  It is a bummer, for sure.

Response Signature

So how do you open the post-11.9 encrypted version? 

Is there anyway to unencrypt the database or even within jabber access the history for a group chat that was I invited to?

issofunky
Level 1
Level 1

May I expand this question slightly:   Is there ANYWHERE (OID or /var) on the CUPS system that retains ANY part of this same detail?

Specifically,  is the RAW NUMBER OF IM TRANSMISSIONS (rx/tx) stored in CUPS?

is there an OID?

is there a log that tracks this?

I'm trying to use "show perf query counter "Cisco XCP JSM Session Counters" JsmSessionMessage "  but from what I see this clears REALLY quickly (60 seconds) so monitoring via cli is really hard to automate/monitor.