cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to see what version of Cisco Jabber end users have installed

mikemosher
Level 5
Level 5

We are running CUCM / CUP 10.5.1.   Where would I be able to see which versions of Jabber are in our environment?   I want to upgrade everyone to Jabber for Windows 10.5, but first I would like some visibility into our current environment.

14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can see it under the CSF device in CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We are running Jabber for Windows in Deskphone mode, so there is no CSF device.  Any way to see what version of these clients?

I remember that it was possible in the version 8.6, from the CUPS administrator web-interface, but since we've upgraded to Version 9.1 I cannot find this option any more.

Any word on this one?

We upgraded to 10.5 and previously you could view the Jabber version for each user on the presence server. 

Adam Hinchliff
Level 1
Level 1

Bump

deweywill
Level 1
Level 1

If they are CSF devices, you can list them in RTMT with a phone device search. But if not, I don't think there is a way in 10.5. You would have to use whatever management system distributed the client to the PCs if any were used.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is another way, I found about it a few days ago, but just got a chance to get it in my wiki

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Jabber_FAQ#Can_I_get_a_list_of_Jabber_versions_being_used.3F.3F

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Is this query only looking at CSF devices? I can do a test and send you my results. 

I only had J4W when I ran the query, but since it should look at all client sessions, I believe it should give info back on any Jabber client that is registered.

I will try with Android and IPad when I have a chance, but if you already have those, and let me know the outcome, I can add those details to the wiki.

HTH

java

I was able to try it with Jabber Video and Jabber and they also show in the query, I have updated the question with the outcome of my tests.

HTH

java

Enhancement request perhaps?  Would like to run an IM&P server report that list username, IP address, and current Jabber version.  The only way to find out who exactly has an older Jabber version running on my network is to set the minimum version on the server and wait for someone to scream so I can get them upgraded.

I believe there's already one for that, you can always reach out to your SE/AM to add yourself to it, and submit a business case so they can give it a higher priority.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime, any chance you could repost that in here or elsewhere?  docwiki has been decommissioned.  

The query you need to run is:

run pe sql ttlogin select * from clientsessions

The answer in the wiki was quite verbose, I'm trying to find a replacement site to host the wiki content.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: