cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set up Jabber for iPad to use UDS?

aruzin2004
Level 1
Level 1

The configuration file jabber-config.xml is not applicable for Jabber for iPad.

In CUCM, under Jabber for tablet device settings we can configure only LDAP servers, not UDS.

In Service Profile it's possible to indicate Use UDS for Contact Resolution but it doesn't help...

Message was edited on April 19, 2013:  Lisa Marcyes from the Cisco Collaboration Community Team added community category and tags for greater ease in filtering (no change to content).

6 Replies 6

seongho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The configuration file 'jabber-config.xml' can used by Cisco Jabber for iPad 9.1 for a specific purpose but not to specify the directory server type.  Which mode of deployment is your Cisco Jabber for iPa deployed?  The UCM only mode or the UCM+CUP mode?

Hi,

I use Jabber for iPad in UCM + CUP environment.

So the question is can we technically use Jabber for iPad in environment w/o Active Directory where UDS on CUCM is present?

If yes how to set it up

Hi,

My apology for the delay.  The current release of Cisco Jabber for iPad does not support UDS unless it is deployed as the 'CUCM Only' mode.  So, unfortunately, you will need Active Directory or LDAP server for your UCM+CUP environment. 

Good information, do you know when UDS and CUCM+CUP will be a supported deployment model?

Also just to clarify does that apply to both and 8.6 CUCM +CUP and 9.0 CUCM+CUP?

Sorry for the delay.  We don't have any definitive date to support UDS in the CUCM+CUP deployment model.  But it is certainly in our future roadmap for Cisco Jabber for iPad.  Yes, what I had stated in my previous post applies to both 8.6 and 9.0.  Hope this helps.  Thanks for your continuous interest in Cisco Jabber for iPad.  Wish you the happiest holidays.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: