Helpful
Replies

Hybrid Media Node - Queries

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Guys,

I have a few queries regarding the HMN:

1) HMN when placed in internal corporate network usng private space IP and internal FQDN - how can the spark control hub discover it?

2) What happens when the HMN node loses connectivity back to the collab cloud. How would it handle such scenario?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CHeck out the deployment guide

You have to register the node with the cloud and certain ports have to be open

If you lose the box CCM can have a backup path via expressway to send the call to the cloud as usual

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/spark/hybridservices/mediaservice/deployment/cmgt_b_hybrid-media-deployment-guide/cmgt_b_hybrid-media-deployment-guide_chapter_0100.html#concept_D1D4A513AAC79D7C07A0F3611E4F393D

Thanks

Srini

Thanks Srini - much appreciated.

"You have to register the node with the cloud and certain ports have to be open."

Yes agree but the question was we are trying to reach a private IP address from cloud. Not clear how the Spark control Hub will reach to it.

"If you lose the box CCM can have a backup path via expressway to send the call to the cloud as usual"

My question was basically what if we lose the connection between the HMN node and Cloud - while the Node itself is still up.

How will it handle such scenario? From CUCM it can see the box is up and running and will send calls to it. But the box now can't connect back to cloud and has lost the ability to cascade back to cloud - in this scenario will it just stop taking the calls? Couldn't find it anywhere.

The connections are initiated always outbound from HMN to the cloud.

For failover of SIP calls when you have CUCM <SIP trunk> HMN <magic> Cloud and the magic part is not working, then you rely on the default behaviour of the SIP protocol where the CUCM will wait a certain amount of time for a SIP message to be acknowledged/replied, when that doesn't happen, CUCM will re-route to the next member of the route group/route list. So for that part you don't really have to do anything special. With that said, I haven't tried the scenario where the connection from HMN to the cloud is blocked, I've only tried call failover when the whole HMN node is down.

HMN will communicate over HTTPS out to the collaboration cloud no worries that your IP is private as long as you have necessary ports open for communication from HMN to the collaboration cloud.

My question was basically what if we lose the connection between the HMN node and Cloud - while the Node itself is still up.

-Here on the HMN you should see some alarm "could not connect to site", but the documentation is not clear on any type of notification you could receive in the event.

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: