cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need some help to configure jabber

Woshihanmei
Level 1
Level 1

I need some help,my CUCM‘s version is 8.6.1,and i configured with this :http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080bb5104.shtml#downloadcop

and after  enter the device ID and TFTP server address,i click save ,the PAD return “ Registration failed, please contact your system administrator ”,is anyone can tell me how to  configure jabber on CUCM 8.6.1

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

You should read and understand the admin guide for the product :http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iPhone/8.6/JABI_BK_J29330BB_00_jabber-for-iphone-admin-guide_chapter_00.html

Basically you will need to add a 'Cisco Dual Mode for iPhone' device to CUCM as you would any other phone. You specify a name prefixed with TCT (e.g. TCTZHANG) and that it what you specify as the device ID on the iPhone app.

There are more steps so read the book and come back with specific questions if you have them.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thank you,harrison,I tried with the URL that you gave, but it still can not successfully registered in iphone above, i save the configuration page screenshot, I hope you help me look for the error configuration。

Hi

Have you verified that you are able to reach the CUCMs from the wireless network?

E.g. do you already have CIPC running on this same network?

If not, try to download something from CUCM via TFTP.

On Windows, (on win 7 you must have have 'tftp client' installed as a Windows Feature):

tftp 1.2.3.4 get ringlist.xml

Also try:

telnet 1.2.3.4 5060

Where 1.2.3.4 is the CUCM IP address that runs the CUCM service - if you get a black screen you are connected, if you get an error  the ports may be blocked by ACLs/Firewalls etc.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

hello

Thank you, I have already connected on the two telephone,the one is 9951, another is cipc on the windows.

and i tried download the ringlist.xml  with tftp and telnet server,These operations are able to respond correctly。

i make sure the IPhone wifi can connect CUCM,but it can't to registed on server, I really do not know how to solve this problem。

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: