cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P node migrated to new hardware in prep for upgrade to 12.X

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We performed a DRS restore for an IM&P node running 10.5.X to new hardware in preparation for upgrades to 12.X.  The restore was successful but the contacts are not present for any of the users.  Do I need to power on the old the server and export the contacts and import them to the new server?

Thanks,

Joe

4 Replies 4

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

You can certainly export the contacts from the old IM&P and import them to the new one. 

It’s interesting though that the backups did not already include the contacts. 

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

I booted up the original server and exported the contact list.  When attempting to import it I get the following:

Error: Cisco Presence Engine or Cisco Database Layer Monitor is not started on node: [SERVERNAME]

Anyone seen this before?

Thanks,

Joe

From IM&P, navigate to serviceability page, then go to Tools > Service Activation and make sure all the relevant services are activated. There may be some services such as XMPP federation, Message Archiver, and XCP Directory that are Not Running which is ok if you don’t use them. All other major services should be activated/running. Share a screenshot if possible.  

If major services are activated but not running, try to reboot IMP Pub and Sub. If that doesn’t fix it, you need to rebuild your IMP and restore from backup again or open a TAC case.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: