Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&Presence 11.5.1.13900-57 fresh installation - service STOPPED

marco_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i have a fresh installation of IM&P publisher only. Following installation guide the installation was successful, the IM&P Publisher has been added to CUCM > Server as per guide (before installing the IM&P Pub node).

Now before installating IM&P Sub, the guide suggests to activate services on the IM&P Publisher, but the following services are still STOPPED even if i tried to start them from CLI (utils service re\start <service_name> ):

Cisco XCP Authentication Service[STOPPED] Component is not running
Cisco XCP Config Manager[STOPPED] Component is not running
Cisco XCP Connection Manager[STOPPED] Component is not running
Cisco XCP Directory Service[STOPPED] Component is not running
Cisco XCP File Transfer Manager[STOPPED] Component is not running
Cisco XCP Text Conference Manager[STOPPED] Component is not running

I'm afraid without those services up i'm not able to get Jabber on windows working for chat, authentication and so on.

Before investigating from logs and RTMT , did you face same problem?

I have installed other version of IM&P, but never faced with these issue before.

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For versions below 12.x the version for CUCM and CUPS needs to line up with five (5) digits from the left, from 12.1 and above it's three (3).

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Many of those have pre-requisites and are for a specific use cases, so, unless that configuration was in place, I doubt you have never faced this before and were able to run those services without any config in a fresh install.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-communications/im-p-critical-services/td-p/3052538

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/9_1_1/admin/CUCM_BK_CE552AF7_00_cisco-unified-serviceability-administration-91/CUCM_BK_CE552AF7_00_cisco-unified-serviceability-administration-91_chapter_01010.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

As Java wrote (+5) this is expected. If you don’t have specific configuration that needs these services they won’t be started.

Response Signature

Thanks, this was useful

Reading "Upgrade and Migration Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager and IM and Presence Service, Release 11.5(1)", helped to find the issue.

The guide explains the compatibility between CUCM and IM&P by version. In my case i installed IM&P 11.5.1.13900 then 11.5.1.14900 with CUCM 11.5.1.10000 , in both case services stuck in STARTING state.

Finally installed IM&P 11.5.1.10000 and i got all services in STARTED without issues. In this case CUCM and IM&P versions match.

hope this help

For versions below 12.x the version for CUCM and CUPS needs to line up with five (5) digits from the left, from 12.1 and above it's three (3).

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: