Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming corporate cell no. are not looked up in J4W 9.1

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

When someone calls from a corporate cell phone to a colleague using J4W the call is not looked up as a recognized user. Jabber display 0XXXXXXXX instead of name and profile picture etc.

Do I have to add a new Directory lookup dial rule and install it with the jabber admin cop file?

Or is there another way to fix this? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

Kristian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the cell phone number is setup as a Remote Destination and the caller ID matches properly (Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination and Number of Digits for Caller ID Partial Match Service Parameters) then CUCM will overwrite the caller ID from the cell phone to the user's DN. You can test this by calling a user and seeing what info displays on the phone display; it should be the alerting name and DN if it's working properly.

It it's not a Remote Destination you would need to enable secondary number lookup and ensure that a Directory Lookup Rule exists to match it.

DisableSecondaryNumberLookups

Specifies whether users can search for alternative contact numbers if the work number is not available, such as the mobile, home, or other number.

0 Users can search for alternative contact numbers. This is the default value.

1 Users cannot search for alternative contact numbers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the cell phone number is setup as a Remote Destination and the caller ID matches properly (Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination and Number of Digits for Caller ID Partial Match Service Parameters) then CUCM will overwrite the caller ID from the cell phone to the user's DN. You can test this by calling a user and seeing what info displays on the phone display; it should be the alerting name and DN if it's working properly.

It it's not a Remote Destination you would need to enable secondary number lookup and ensure that a Directory Lookup Rule exists to match it.

DisableSecondaryNumberLookups

Specifies whether users can search for alternative contact numbers if the work number is not available, such as the mobile, home, or other number.

0 Users can search for alternative contact numbers. This is the default value.

1 Users cannot search for alternative contact numbers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan

The cell phones is not setup as a Remote Destination.

So how should the Directory Lookup Rule look like, so a number looking like this: 01111XXXX will be looked up in J4W?

Something like this?:

Directory Lookup Dial Rule Information

Name: Cell no. lookup

Description: Cell no. lookup 

Number Begins With: 01111

Number of Digits: 9   

Total Digits to be Removed : 0

Prefix With Pattern: 0

Is this correct?

Thanks

Kristian  

Well I need it to matach our corporate cellphone. In our AD it's saved as: +451111XXXX.

I mange to get a Directory Lookup rule to looking like this:

Total Digits to be Removed : 1

Prefix With Pattern: 0

Then the rule will remove 0 and the number is looking like this when calling: 1111XXX, but I have to get it to be transformed to +451111XXXX. Can that be done ine a Directory Lookup rule?

I manged to get it to work with a rule looking like this:

Total Digits to be Removed : 1

Prefix With Pattern: +45

Yiipii

Another issue

For some reason some corporate numbers, are not looked up in Jabber 9.1. Is this a Directory dial rule that is the problem or?

I'll talked to a Cisco representative who said that it was not a Directory dial rule, but a configuration on our CUP server.

What do you guys think?

I have added a Directory lookup dial rule for +451111XXXX but it's only some number that are looked up. Also when looking under "Missed Calls".

Best regards

K

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: