Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect presence status in Jabber for Windows 10.5

skirk1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are testing JFW 10.5 and I think its the best version so far. But we are seeing a issue with the presence status.

Sometimes it shows a user available but in the fact, the user is offline (client closed).

We are running CUP version: 8.6.5.13900-2 and CUCM: 8.6.2.22900-9.

Any suggestions?

/Kristian

29 Replies 29

Dennis Baert
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue, but also with other J4W clients.

Disabling en re-enabling a user for CUP is a crappy workaround.

One cannot disable and re-enable ALL jabber users in the hopes they won't be facing this issue.

We have a running case at TAC, however we always get the comment "update the jabber client and give us a ring whenever this happens so we can do some real-time troubleshooting".

irishpat2
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone resolved this issue with TAC yet?  I constantly have a user here or there that don't show correct status, I have two CUPS servers and have found that if I move the user from one to the other after a couple minutes their viewer status goes from unavailable to correct status, but this work around is not a resolution.  Before I open a TAC case I am trying to find out if there was a resolution, currently on Jabber 10.6.2

We haven't fixed this yet :( same problem in Jabber for Windows 11.5.X and with CUPS 11.

Will you contact TAC?

Thanks

Kirk

Hi Skirk,

Did you find a solution for this presence issue?? I´m having the same trouble in CUP 11.5 and Jabber 11.9

Regards

Roger

JasB
Level 1
Level 1

Same problem.

2x IM&P Servers 10.5 - System version: 10.5.2.24900-8

Jabber Version 11.9.1

Other than TAC anyone have a fix?

We're having the same issue with V 11.9.1.  Random users status won't update when on a call, in a meeting or away unless manually changed.  Anyone have any luck on a resolution?

I remember issue with Jabber that required the user to logout everyday in order to prevent stale connection with the UC nodes. Does anyone recall? 

afeldsott
Level 1
Level 1

Using 11.9.2.  Status always says "Available" when I'm logged in, even when I have a meeting in Outlook or am on a phone call.  If I go back to 11.5.1, status works fine, although I'm not getting photos.  But I prefer the look of the newer version, and contact photos work.  Just need to fix the status issue.

I reverted back to 11.5.1 on my main PC.  It shows when I'm on a call, but doesn't show when I'm "In a meeting".  Also no photos.

I tried installing Jabber on a PC that never had Jabber installed before - same version, same environment - just a different PC.  Everything works - including on a call, in a meeting, and contact photos.  So it doesn't appear to be a server-side configuration issue.

On my main PC, I've tried everything I could find as far as uninstalling, deleting related registry items and program data folders, etc., and reinstalling - with no luck.  Back to only "on a call" working.  I can see other users' statuses just fine, and integration with Outlook (I can see other users' status in Outlook).  It just won't pick up my status or display contacts.

I have the same problem, Jabber 12.1 beta fix it for me

I'd like to give it a try.  Got a link where I can get this beta version from?  Thanks.

Thanks.  I don't have access to that, but I know someone who does.  I'll give it a try.

I have the same issue, did you find any solution 

Same issue here.