Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone presence issue

sofiane__
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have CUCM v12.5  CUCM IM. All jabber clients work fine, UDS directory also works fine, but ip phone presence doesn’t work. ip phone status always displays gray led as it is disconnected (see attachment).

On CUCM I already:

• Associated each ip phone with its user in phone page configuration
  • Associated each user with its ip phone, enabled user for Unified CM IM and Presence, and configured UC Service Profile in user page configuration
  • Added users to access control groups (Standard CTI Enabled, Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices)

On CUCM IM and Presence I already:

• Configured   Presence > Settings > Standard Configuration (Publisher sip trunk)
  • Presence > Gateways (my CUCM)
  • Presence > Routing > Settings

What could be missed in my configuration ? thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The subscribe CSS you're interested if you expect to see phone status in Jabber is not the CSS on the phones, but on the SIP trunk.

Also, seeing it grey is the expected status, it will never show up as green. You only see it grey, or it should change to yellow and on a call if you go off-hook/make or receive a call.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Leonardo,

Thank you for the replay. Yes subscribe CSS is configured for ip phones.

Regards,

Sofiane

The subscribe CSS you're interested if you expect to see phone status in Jabber is not the CSS on the phones, but on the SIP trunk.

Also, seeing it grey is the expected status, it will never show up as green. You only see it grey, or it should change to yellow and on a call if you go off-hook/make or receive a call.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks a lot, I just checked that it becomes yellow when the phone go off-hook or make a call. But, what is the meaning of presence in this case if the phone show the same status (grey) in both registered and unregistered cases?

Regards,

Sofiane

It only shows the active state of the phone, that's how it works. If it shows yellow when you go off-hook, then it's working as expected.

HTH

java

Ok. Thanks a lot.

Can I ask an other quick question or must I create a new post ?

Regards,

Sofiane

If it's on the same topic as this post, you can continue here, if it's another topic, it needs a new post.

HTH

java