cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPad, iPad2 Video Calling to Video Endpoints and Document Sharing from iPad2.

Hi,

Please discuss your expertise on the below mentioned requirement.

One of our client wanted to share their Document/Presentation from iPad.

Please suggest if there is any licenses/servers required to achieve the same requirement

Also, Can iPhone initiate a video call to video endpoints e.g. EX60, or EX90.?

Please discuss!

Regards,

Manish Gupta

24 Replies 24

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i have seen on youtube there is a demo for TANDBERG now Cisco of using Movi client for iphone but i am not sure if this has been released or will be released ! but the idea and technology is already there

pinke
Level 1
Level 1

Damaka recently released an iPad/iPhone app for mobile TelePresence via the VCS architecture. I do not beleive they have content sharing enabled for the iPad as of yet. But finally a publiclly available app to accomplish mobile video.

The app will allow you to initiate a call to any accessible standards based endpoint.

http://damaka.com:9080/xvio/

Ryan

this is very interesting one

however this software has username and password for login is this can be added to TMS or just add it as SIP endpoint and enable authintication for SIP ?

We've just installed this app on an iPad2, manually created an account in TMS provisioning directory so that all of the techs can use, but nothing stopping us from just same credentials we use for our individual Movi accounts (imported from AD). It doesn't show up in the account as an "associated device" though, but then that's only to be expected.

(Registers to VCS just like the Movi client).

Works fine to/from other Cisco/TANDBERG end-points, the aspect ratio isn't perfect, and we're having some audio issues between it and Movi clients, but other than that not bad for a first release.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

in this case if its uses TMS provisioning settings and accounts can you push settings to it

like bandwidth to be used for example ?

also when you login i am assuming it consume a provisioning movi licence

Haven't tried pushing different b/w setting to it, installed it this morning just see if we could use it at all, what we really want is a Movi app... - it did connect at the default b/w specified in the account though, which was 512kbps.

Thanks Ryan, Extremly helpful.

Hi Ryan,Marwanshawi  and Jens Didriksen ,

Thanks! Extremely helpful , Any Idea how to get the software from DAMAKA, because I dont see any download option right there?

Also, If iPhone is registered in CUCM and EX90 is also registered with the same CUCM and now can iPhone and EX90 can do video call, Please share your comments?

I am just looking for options !

Regards,

Manish

Manish,

The app is available in the iTunes app store. Search for 'Xvio'.

I am not sure if it is available outside of the United States as Apple is sometimes picky on those things.

I beleive this app requires the Tandberg VCS Control, Expressway & TMS to operate correctly. The support documents do not mention CUCM.

Ryan

I  am sceptical about the app. Though the idea is not bad.

I do not like that its not a +/universal app, so it has to be bought  for the iphone as well as for the ipad.

The price here is 19,99€ for the iphone and 39,99€ for the ipad app, in my opinion overpriced what you

get from it.

I tried the iphone version, though it looks it uses the same parameters, movi uses, it does not use the

provisioning part, so not provisioned settings, no phonebook, ...

The video quality was not really good, nor did it support rotating of the device.

The remote video looked more squeezed into 1:1 (instead of 4:3 or 16:10).

The user interface and the user friendlyness are also, lets say, discussable, ...

In general its sip client with presence support. This also explains that it does not eat up a movi license,

as it does not use the provisioning.

Also do not forget that on movi you pay for the license on the TMS server, here you pay a license which is

bound on the client itself. So if it would support provisioning you would pay double, ...

As long as you are not interested to play around or are in really urgent need, I would try out other clients as well,

or better just wait, ... :

I am not impressed by the Xvio client. :-(

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Mmm, yeah, it's far from perfect, don't know about having to buy both iPhone and iPad apps, we bought just the iPad app, was fifty-something aust.dollars, which my employer is happy to pay as we're always looking for something like this whilst we're hoping and waiting and waiting and waiting for Movi - if that ever happens.

The iPad version also uses credentials created in the TMS provisioning directory, which is a good thing for us as it means we can use the same log-in as with Movi.

Would be great if it could get the provisioning phone book etc, but that's not important for what we need this for, it does have a local phone book though.

Aspect ratio is, as I said earlier, and as you saw, not exactly perfect when connecting to a MXP or C-series...and yes, not being able to rotate the image with the device is a bit disappointing, considereing the price.

Would I've bought for myself or for any of our users? No, definitely not.

Having said that, we can use it on the office iPad as part of the support kit for the techs when they're out and about. We all have employer issued iPhones as well, but the iPhone screen is just not large enough for our needs; which includes remote access and operation of AMX control systems, codecs, TMS etc.

They probably should've done a bit more testing before releasing it though.

jens

Anthony Chan
Level 1
Level 1

Have tried Xvio client on my IPhone 4

WiFi works fine with video and audio @ 384 kbps connection to my VCS

3G video works but no audio from either party

not sure if anyone else experience this?

Anthony

Hi all,

Any news about this subject ?

I would like to integrate our 8941 8945 and ipad2.

Any help will be strongly appreciated.

Regards

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNmiOFXJcws

I have seen a few Cisco employee's running a beta version of a Jabber Video Client on IOS devices. So it should not be long until wee see something from Cisco. I did not see it in action.

One thing to note was it looked like it registering to VCS instead of CUCM.