cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

iPhone and Mac Spark Notifications Issue

Hi!

Some months ago I started some rooms with plenty of people. After some Cisco presentations, I ended up having at least 10 rooms with at least 50 people each. Great information was exchanged so I still keep them. At the beginning those rooms were incredible chatty so I turn the notifications (iPhone and Mac) off.

Of course, I didn't get any notifications by then. Now I turned the notifications on again but nothing they do not appear anywhere.

On the iPhone: no sound, no badge, nothing in the notifications center. The only thing that works is the little red number when I have something I didn't read. This happens only if the application has been started in the background. When it has been closed, nothing will ever happen. I checked at least fifty times the iPhone Settings at Notifications and Spark Settings. Everything is ok. I have tried reinstalling but the problem persists.

On the Mac App: I have lost the little Spark icon on the Menu bar (I remember it existed). No sound, no notifications. The only thing that works is the little red number of conversations that I haven't read yet.

Please help!

Regards

Miguel

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Rising star

Re: iPhone and Mac Spark Notifications Issue

Miguel,

I found this information in the Cisco Spark Support Forum regarding notifications on multiple devices.

Cisco Spark | Smart Notifications on Multiple Devices

I hope this helps resolve your issue. Please post back to this thread if you continue having problems.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

Great. Now i understand why this happens to me. I have tried every combination so I know were to expect notifications. I know this is done to minimize the need to send a bunch of notifications to every device I have registered. But sometimes I wish it worked that way.

Thanks!

Regards

I agree that it would be nice to get notifications on multiple devices.  It would be also good if Spark Notifications appeared on the Mac when the Application was closed, logging in to the App and seeing a discussion had occurred days later doesn't help.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards