Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPhone - Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator

I used to have Cisco Mobile 8.0  with ( Cisco Dual mode for iphone devices ) that start with TCT<username>

Within this App, I had to configure this in the settings of the app on the Iphone

Device ID : TCT....

TFTP : cucm

The Mobile 8.0 was working fine

I cant find Mobile 8.0 on the apps store anymore,  I can find Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator,  it seems to be the new version

now it ask

user

password

phone number

server

port

And I cant make it work.. anyone have some experience to share with this new application ?

3 Replies 3

r.pennington
Level 5
Level 5

You probably want to be having a look at Jabber Voice for iPhone 9.1 if you want a "Softphone" on your iPhone. You dont need CUPS etc to use that one.

Richard

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard is correct. The CIMC app was used with the Cisco Unified Mobiliy Advantage server which has long been EoL. The app remains in the store only for customers who have this solution in production.

Cisco Mobile 8.1 was renamed to Cisco Jabber and more recently Cisco Jabber Voice to distinguish it from the unified VoIP+IM client that is now called Cisco Jabber.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Ok I will try that, thanks

That is still strange.. the Mobile 8.0 is a Softphone as IpCommunicator on the IPhone.. it was working super fine.

Since the update of this software, cant make it work..

but i will try your solution

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: