cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone Jabber Client Video Calls Unavailable

acalderone
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having trouble getting my iPhone to make video calls.  I can make video calls via J4W with the same CUCM/IM-P cluster, and my iPhone Jabber client is having no problem getting IMs, presence information, or making standard voice calls, but when I go to "Settings - Audio and Video", it simply has a message that says "Video is currently unavailable"

The "Dual-Mode for iPhone" device in CUCM has video calling enabled.  What other settings could I be missing?

4 Replies 4

Jimmy Wallace
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into the same issue on a particular iPhone for a user. Other iPhone users are working just fine, and I've provisioned all the TCT devices using BAT, so they're all the same. Any feedback on this one yet? Thanks!

Jimmy

I'm afraid I haven't heard anything back.  Any chance you can share some version info?  My phone is:

iOS 7.1.1

iPhone model version 4

J4iPhone version: 9.6.1.171913

CUCM version 10.0.1.10000-24

IM/P Version: 10.0.1.10000-26

Please let me know if you can think of any other information that might prove to be helpful for forum viewers.

Thank You!

You may want to confirm that "Video Capabilities" is enabled on the TCT device in CM, it is disabled by default.  Also video is only supported on the 4s and later models of iPhone.

-John

You would want to get this tested in iPhone 4s and above. check this portion of the document;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/iOS/9-6-1/ICG/JABI_BK_C9AC3244_00_cisco-jabber-for-iphone-and-iPad-961/JABI_BK_C9AC3244_00_cisco-jabber-for-iphone-and-iPad-961_chapter_010.html#JABI_RF_V35F2388_00

Device Requirements

Device Support

Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad is available from the Apple App Store.

Cisco supports Cisco Jabber for iPhone and iPad on the following iOS devices:

• iTouch 5
  •  iPhone model 4, 4S, 5, 5C, and 5S

Note

Video call is not supported for iPhone model 4
  •  iPad second, third, fourth generation, iPad mini with Retina display, and iPad Air

The device must be able to access the corporate network using Wi-Fi or VPN.

Device Operating System Support

iOS support: iOS 7

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: