Views
Helpful
Replies

ipPhone attribute for Jabber

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible to display the ipPhone attribute in AD along-side the Business phone, Home Phone and Mobile attributes to show up on JAbber? The problem I’m having is that the Business phone and Mobile numbers are displayed with the full “+” dialing number in AD. The ipPhone has the 5-digit extension displayed which is used for internal dialing on Jabber, however I use the ipPhone for the userid authentication. I can dial internal 5-digit extension from Jabber by populating the “Other” telephone number in Jabber, but I do not have the ipPhone attribute displayed in Microsoft Office nor does the “Other” telephone number display. Only the Business and Mobile numbers are displayed. Any suggestions? Put another way, is it possible to display the ipPhone attribute in the EDS jabber-config.xml or in the CUPS ldap?

Regards,

Marcus

1 Reply 1

Muhammad Maqsood Mushtaq
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Marcus,

You can change the default attribute mappings for Cisco Jabber for Windows (Attribute Mapping Parameters - Admin Guide). e.g. You can change the BusinessPhone mapping to show "ipPhone" number instead of default "telephoneNumber".

.       ipPhone

Thanks,

Maqsood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: