cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to dial into a Webex meeting using SIP audio?

mark.cameron
Level 1
Level 1

I am wondering if it is possible to join or get a call from the Webex meeting using a SIP URI.

I have tried calling into the video address but that doesn't work.

This is all quite new to me so any help is much appreciated!

1 Reply 1

John Tansey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SIP URI [meeting_id]@<site>.webex.com, can be answered by a handset offering only voice [traditional phone type VoIP device], or a standards based SIP/H323 video endpoint.

WebEx "CMR" aka WebEx Meeting Center Video doesnt care either way, although it might make more sense to use 'computer audio' aka VoIP within a meeting so that user alignment between their video stream and audio streams are aligned so that active speaker switching works within a meeting---with a SIP VoIP only handset we'd switch the video to that user and then it would just be a blank/avatar screen/no active video--not an ideal experience.

So, given that your SIP handset isn't working, can you try unlocking the meeting first [if you havent] and removing the PIN code for attendees so that the 'phone' can dial directly into the already open/running meeting? [eliminates DTMF requirement to enter conf_id and/or PIN if you dial [meeting_id]@<site>.webex.com or [personal_room]@<site>.webex.com

If this still doesn't work, please open a support case with Cisco TAC

Thank you,

~Joe

Response Signature