cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to join a meeting "as a guest" from the Android and IOS mobile apps?

Ken Lamborn
Level 1
Level 1

We are analyzing a scenario where we need to send a meeting invitation to a group of Mobile Users that do not have a login account or license. Is it possible to join a meeting using the Android or IOS application "as a guest"?

Regards,

~Ken Lamborn 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

I tried it on my CWMS 2.5MR6 with Android (Samsung Galaxy s6). With Chrome, I was able to go to the meeting url web page and click on the top right "Join by number". Even though the mobile browser is not officially supported I was able to join into the meeting, you should install the WebEx app from the Play store (it will redirect you there if it is not installed). Also you can click on the link in email to join the meeting as a guest.

Thanks,

Bruno

View solution in original post

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

You don't have to have an account on CWMS to be able to join meetings from mobile devices. Mobile app does support joining a meeting from the app without the need to sign in.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Ken Lamborn
Level 1
Level 1

We are running version- 2.5.1.5051.B-AE

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

I tried it on my CWMS 2.5MR6 with Android (Samsung Galaxy s6). With Chrome, I was able to go to the meeting url web page and click on the top right "Join by number". Even though the mobile browser is not officially supported I was able to join into the meeting, you should install the WebEx app from the Play store (it will redirect you there if it is not installed). Also you can click on the link in email to join the meeting as a guest.

Thanks,

Bruno

thank you Bruno --

Hi ,

We have CWMS 2.6 MR2(Build 2.6.1.2097) ,  I use android device (Samsung) then click webex link ,

it cannot open the webex App so that I cannot login. At the same time , we also have CWMS 2.6 MR1( Build 2.6.1.1099) for testing , It looks working fine on android device.

Does anyone meet this issue/bug ?

PS: iOS device are good for both CWMS version.

Hello,

I have same issue with you. My CWMS is 2.6 MR2(Build 2.6.1.2097). For now I already open Cisco TAC case.

I believe we have a defect. We are running tests to reproduce this issue in the lab with Meetings for Android 9.1.1 app. 

-Dejan

Hi, we have same issue with  cwms 2.7.1.12.B-AE and android webex app 9.5.0.1950782, this is a bug?

There are two bugs on 2.7.1.12 that are fixed in CWMS 2.7 MR1 (2.7.1.1073):

CSCva33162 Cannot join WebEx meetings from the Android App
CSCva36624 Guest Cannot Join meeting via Mobile Device

I would suggest updating the system to 2.7 MR1.

-Dejan

Upgrade to 2.6 MR3 is solve this issue.

thank you, CWMS 2.7 MR1 (2.7.1.1073) solved the problem

Hi Dejan, CWMS 2.7 MR1 (2.7.1.1073) supports windows 10? or only with workarounds? like: http://www.sep.com/sep-blog/2016/01/06/getting-webex-to-work-with-windows-10/

thank you Dejan..but now we have problems with webex android app ver 9.5.0.1950782 - the latest- no call in button, only call me and connect using internet...on iPhone webex app the latest 9.5 (9500.368) call in button exist and you can call the audio number, but the meeting number is added by app in wrong format: separator between meeting number and attendant id is comma and not  hashmark..so user get "wrong meeting id or the meeting not started" error message..cwms is latest 2.7.1.1073..

is possible downgrade to 2.6 MR3?

Hi Anton,

The problem isn't on the server side. It is most likely on the WebEx app side used for both WebEx SaaS and CWMS. Open a TAC case to look into that and open a bug if it is software issue.

You can't downgrade CWMS. You can only revert to snapshots taken before the update, but keep in mind that you would lose any change that was made since the snapshot was taken and today.

-Dejan