cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is there a way to limit external domains Spark?

parker.c
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

We have been using spark in out business for about 3 months now and it has been going well. However we have started getting unsolicited messages from Spark accounts outside our organization (hotmail, gmail etc.)

Is there a way we can limit users so that they only can get messages from Spark users in the domains listed in our account in Cloud Collaboration Management?

Right now this is little more than an an annoyance, but I can see where there is potential for security problems if users are not careful. For example that could get a file sent to them and if they opened it that could be a problem.

Chris

11 Replies 11

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

None I have seen and I agree we have a need for controls. Customer's also want more than just moderator level of access as in who can invite whom in the meeting. Bottom line is "more knobs" moves you away from simplicity of the tool but it's there for customer's who want this. I hope Cisco will implement something, after all that's what separates an enterprise tool from a consumer tool

Awaiting some update about this... I think that the better way is:  block all domains by default... and create a way where the administrator can specify wich domains the users are allowed to interact, simple no ?

Leonardo Oliveira

No update and frankly is needed. I agree the need for any to any communication and not have many knobs to control stuff but enterprises need some command and control and at the very least block some domains. Just moderators isn't going to cut it.

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

I would expect/hope that the Cloudlock acquisition will be utilised here.

I like the openness of the current model. I do see a benefit to blocking users and/or domains. Requiring a different product to provide that functionality seems like the wrong approach to me.

Warning: I either dictated this to my device, or typed it with my thumbs. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.

bkinsey
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone found a solution for this?

This is on the roadmap not there natively yet. Maybe need the Pro pack for security as it’s rolled out

Srini Kilambi

Are you aware of any 3rd Party Solutions?

Not today to block domains. You can put onus on moderators on spaces to not invite folks but that doesn’t help with a central administration solution.

There is solutions now for DLP with external vendors but not a place on admin portal to just block domains

Srini Kilambi

You could enforce this with a bot, but that would require the bot to be a member of every space you want to enforce this restriction.

kfmcc1223
Level 1
Level 1

This feature would be really nice if not mandatory for us to enable Spark for our enterprise.  Even with a DLP solution in place there are risk and legal concerns for us. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: