cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Cisco Unified Meeting place for Outlook 2013 8.5.2

pkprabhakaran
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed Cisco Unified Meeting place (8.5.2) on my machine. But I do not get the toolbar item on top in my Outlook 2013. Can someone help me out with reasons?

OS : OS : Windows 7 enterprise 64 bit OS, Service Pack 1

1. I downloaded the tool from our internal meeting place link and installed it. Later while adding the plugin thru Outlook, it was throwing errors as Invalid plugin.

2. Restarted the machine, uninstalled and did the same as above. Same issue

3. Copied the dll file from a working machine and tried to add the plugin, still outlook is not recognising it.

4. Similar issues are there in many laptops in our company

5. But similar configuration Laptop for some users work perfectly. They can schedule meetings thru Outlook

Have someone faced similar issues? Is there a solution to this?

4 Replies 4

dpetrovi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

MP8.5.2.x doesn't support Outlook 2013. Outlook 2013 was first supported in MP8.6 and later:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/meetingplace/8_6/english/releasenotes/mp86rn.html#43180

-Dejan

Thanks Dejan. But how is this working correctly in many machines with Outlook 2013. All these machines were upgraded from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2013. That's only difference.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I can't comment on that. What we know for sure, is that the 8.5.2 plug-in wasn't tested with OL2013 and we don't have any information on expected behavior and what limitations might be. There are too many variables and unknowns to try to troubleshoot the plug-in in officially unsupported environment. I would suggest updating your MeetingPlace environment to 8.6 (and even to 8.6 MR1 after that) to have the latest, most stable version of MeetingPlace which offers the plug-in that supports OL2013.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

-Dejan

Thank you Dejan. Will try with the new version.