cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

J4W 9.6 client chat history- Is it 99 total or 99 per conversation

John Clark
Level 1
Level 1

For the local logging of the chat history. Is the limit 99 total? so if I have 5 different threads going and one thread hits 99, does it delete the IMs from the other threads? Or is it 99 per thread/conversation?

3 Replies 3

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Q15) Does Jabber for Windows support local IM history
A) Yes, Jabber for windows will create a history of the last 99 messages in an IM conversation.   These will shown in a greyed out state (post sign out / in of the Jabber client) to indicate history when a IM conversation is opened.  When a conversation reaches 100 messages the client will loop and overwrite the history.
In Jabber for Windows 9.2(x),  ‘when history is disabled by admin that history is stored until the user logs out of or exits the client. IM history must be enabled by the admin for IM history to be supported on a per chat / user basis

It is 99 messages per chat/per user. 

Tapan

Can we increase the messages on the client to 199 messages per chat/per user.  The client is 11.9.3

I have one user that would like to have access to more than 99 messages.  We will be enabling the Jabber chats to be saved to Outlook soon, but in the shortterm, I'm wondering if I could change this setting.

No, you cannot, that is hard coded.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate