Views
Helpful
Replies

J4W - Outlook 2013 Support

pratik.rb
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Pros,

Would like to know if Outlook 2013 is supported by Jabber for Windows 9.2.4 (latest release).

The data sheet does not mention support http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps6836/ps12511/data_sheet_c78-704195.html
and the latest release notes also don't seem to talk on this.

I have J4W 9.2.4 installed on a Windows 7 64-bit PC with Outlook 2013. The presence & click to call to other Jabber users is working fine, but I can't get click to call to work for non-Jabber contacts (although they have telephone numbers that can be dialled).

The same non-Jabber contacts can be dialled by Cisco Jabber on PC with Outlook 2007 / 2010.

Regards,

Pratik

19 Replies 19

Hi Ivan,

Thank you for your help here to conclude this issue.

The next question would be when is 9.2.6 going to come out

Meantime we will use the workaround to get it working for internal contacts.

Regards,

Pratik

Hi Pratik,

I have just discussed with QA team and they think it will be published in one month.

Regards.

rowdygardner
Level 1
Level 1

This post suggests that the problem was fixed in late 2013.

Has anyone (outside of Cisco employees) tested this Click-to-Call from Outlook 2013 issue with the released version of Cisco Jabber 9.2.6 or 9.6 and confirmed that the issue has been resolved?

I'm using Jabber 9.6.0 and click to call seems to be working fine with Outlook 2013.

Gareth

I have Outlook 2013 Home and Business and click-to-dial is not working.

Tried Jabber 9.2.6 and 9.6.

After I installed 2013 Professional Plus, it started working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: